CBD is a product derived from hemp, rich in virtues and benefits. It has been used for several years by thousands of people to treat various ailments. Recently, CBD has been democratized among animals. But what are really the multiple benefits of CBD for them?
CBD for animals, what is it?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a molecule from the Cannabis Sativa L plant (hemp). This molecule has a multitude of properties that will be beneficial for humans but also for our animal friends. It helps to relieve various disorders and diseases that animals encounter.
CBD-based products for animals are generally offered in the form of oils or food supplements. They are easily administered with a pipette, adapted to each weight. Thus, it is possible to treat your animal very simply.
The benefits of CBD for animals:
CBD has several interesting properties that can be very beneficial for your little companion. Here are the main ones:
- Relieves chronic pain and inflammation: CBD affects the perception of pain in animals and can help alleviate some symptoms associated with chronic inflammatory conditions such as arthritis.
- Helps calm anxious animals: Animals can also suffer from anxiety, just like humans. CBD can help reduce stress and anxiety by allowing the body to regulate its hormones naturally.
- Helps reduce nausea and vomiting: CBD is known for its anti-nausea and anti-vomiting properties. This can be especially helpful for pets who suffer from a digestive disorder or who have undergone surgery.
- Can improve sleep: CBD can help regulate your pet’s sleep schedule and increase its duration and quality.
- Relieves symptoms associated with certain diseases: If your pet suffers from a chronic disease, CBD can help alleviate symptoms such as joint pain or inflammation.
- Improves appetite: CBD can have a stimulating effect on your pet’s appetite, helping them to eat more and gain strength.
What dosage should I choose for my pet?
It is important to always follow the instructions on the product label. It is also important to consult a veterinary professional before giving CBD to your pet. The dosage will vary depending on the age, size and breed of the animal as well as its physical condition. To find out what dosage is best for your pet, consult your veterinarian who will be able to give you the right advice.
How to administer CBD to your pet?
Most CBD-based products for animals are available in the form of oils, which are easily administered with a pipette. It is also possible to give your pet CBD-based dietary supplements in the form of capsules or powders. An interesting alternative is dermal administration, by applying the oil or gel directly to the animal’s skin.
CBD is a very interesting product that can bring many benefits to your pet. If you notice any abnormal symptoms in your pet, don’t hesitate to ask a veterinarian for advice before giving him CBD. This way, you will be sure to give him a suitable and safe treatment.